accessories and jewelry advertising african fashion aprons arm warmers artistic autumn fashion beauty pageant belts bikinis and swimwear bizarre business casual capes casual fashion cool cosmetics costume cute date casual dieting and eating disorders DIY exercise fashion fashion crimes fashion design fashion ethics fashion trends fashion week fashion writing formal wear funny gothic fashion gowns hair salon hats haute couture headgear hoodies jackets knitting leather lingerie makeup male fashion milan models news panties pants perfumes political fashion prom dresses purses and handbags retro shirts shoes and footwear shopping shorts skirts social issues spring fashion steampunk summer fashion sunglasses suspenders sweaters wedding dresses winter fashion work clothing youth fashion
15 Winter Beauty Tips
How do you stop this???
1. Nourish your skin and keep it protected by using a moisturizer perfect for your skin type. I find products containing coconut oil work wonders.
2. Alcohol strips away moisture from your skin or hair, so avoid products with alcohol. (Oddly enough, this includes drinking alcohol... the extra alcohol in your blood reduces your hydration levels, which in turn dries out your skin. So try to drink in moderation.)
3. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. Avoid coffee (too much caffeine is bad for your skin and your health in general, plus loss of sleep = loss of beauty) and drink non-caffeinated tea instead.
4. Chapped lips can also be a problem if you're outside regularly (whats the point of looking awesome if you can't go outside???). Use a lip balm that’s at least SPF 15.
5. Winter exercises are the hardest, but don’t give up on the exercise. Just hire a certified personal trainer in Toronto and stick with it! Personal trainers are great for getting you motivated in the winter to exercise.
6. Exfoliate! Dead cells tend to pile up during the Winter.
7. Get that healthy dose of sleep. Get at least 7 hours of sleep, if you can’t fit in 8 hours.
8. Take a 30 to 60 minute nap on weekends or after work. Think of it like a siesta. The extra sleep helps to heal and rejuvenate the skin.
9. Try to wear non-irritating fabrics. No harsh wools or itchy polyester.
10. Avoid over-washing your hair. Too much washing sucks the moisture out of your hair and leaves it dry and damaged.
11. Avoid chemical treatments such as perming or colouring to the hair as it may become brittle or extremely dried out.
12. Eat a balanced diet. Dark green and leafy vegetables are also effective in preventing dry skin and they also help fight infection.
13. When exercising outside dress warmly and moisturize your exposed skin parts before going outside (your face and hands).
14. Wear a hat which covers ALL of your hair. This will help protect your hair from dryness. Shop around for something fashionable that fits you perfectly.
15. Faux fur is awesome. It not only keeps you warm, but the warmth reduces dryness on your skin so you stay moisturized longer.
FASHION - The intense competition in the fashion industry makes it important for any fashion designer to showcase the designs to a larger a...
FASHION - Note to self... don't wear a hoodie to work, even if its "Casual Fridays". The term "Business Casual" ca...
Sarah Palin spent more than $150,000 on a fashion makeover in preparation for her vice-presidential campaign. So what? Critics have bee...
FASHION - When Daniel Craig emerged from the Caribbean sea in Casino Royale , his brief trunks not only recalled another iconic James Bond...
FASHION - Call it my biggest fashion industry pet peeve... but what is with all the clothes that, admittedly, none of us would ever wear in...
FASHION - On Saturday night I went out to a pub and I saw two separate guys wearing suspenders. Since then I've been noticing it more...
The photos below are of Ukrainian fashion model Valeria Lukyanova , who uses makeup to make herself look like a real life Barbie Doll. Odd...
FASHION - When it comes to the fashion and beauty industry, Rachelle White Wind is a one-woman show. The Winnipeg, Manitoba native is an ac...
FASHION - You don't want a lump of coal for Christmas, but a little black lace dress and the accessories to match might be on your list...
NOTE: For photos I managed to find several images of 'average' and 'plus-size' women's fashions, but its rarity. I exper...